Sheri L Koetting
speaking design business
Sheri is a frequent contributor to industry publications, covering design and brand strategy. Below is a sample of her work.
When It Comes To Positioning, Natural Isn’t EnoughRead More
Sheri L Koetting is the Founder, Brand Strategist, and Creative Director of the NYC-based design firm MSLK where she merges innovative strategies with sophisticated design.
Sheri has developed a proven method for transforming subjective ideas into objective solutions while focusing on the target audience’s perspective. Today, this practice has become part of an industry-standard that MSLK has employed for clients such as Wigwam Mills, Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Sean John, Tumi, and L’Oreal.
Sheri is an artist, designer, and industry curator, writing frequently for various beauty industry publications about design’s impact on business. In 2002 she co-founded Spark Design Professionals, an active non-profit group of design business owners. She is also a co-founder and key moderator of Evolve Symposium, an intensive two-day, bi-annual event hosting design principals from around the country who want to learn vital business practices and advanced strategies.
What people are saying
- “Cosmoprof North America prides itself on offering a diverse conference program and proactively seeks out qualified speakers. In 2017, the show expanded its focus on suppliers and reached out to Sheri to provide its packaging exhibitors and attendees valuable design insight. She was a pleasure to work with throughout and gave a stellar presentation to a sold-out room.”
-Simona Georgescu, Marketing Public Relations Executive, Cosmoprof North America
- “Thank you for attending our Inaugural Franchise Conference and delivering such a powerful presentation. The research project results themselves were impressive but your delivery was also exceptional; you were so prepared, professional, and engaging! The feedback has been extremely positive. We look forward to working together on more projects to come.”
-Heather Elrod, Chief Operating Officer, Amazing Lash Studio
- “Sheri consistently brings value to our conference as a speaker. Her thoughtful presentation of content is always timely and relevant to our industry needs. In fact, her keynote was the second most attended session at our 2017 event.”
-Linda Villalobos, Marketing Manager, LuxePack
- “Sheri brought her depth and breadth of experience to the Westchester Digital Summit. She was engaging, compelling and energized the crowd. What a dynamic speaker! Thank you Sheri… can’t wait for next year!”
-Christopher Dessi, CEO of Silverback Social
- “Quality, precision, and efficiency are just a few words to describe our experience hiring Sheri to give a keynote presentation at the annual board meeting for Yanbal. We were more than impressed with Sheri’s quality of work, attention to detail, and industry know-how. She understood our objectives, incorporated all of our requests, and did so with a very tight schedule. Sheri was an absolute pleasure to work with and we look forward to having more opportunities to work with her again in the future!”
- Marc Blaison, Executive Vice President, Cosmo International Fragrances
- “As the Events Chair of Spark, an organization for design business owners in NYC, I have worked with fellow board member Sheri L Koetting for over three years. To say that Sheri is an asset to the organization is a grave understatement. Her fresh ideas and attention to detail help keep our organization on track.
“Over the years, Sheri has moderated numerous events for Spark. Whether it’s a panel of experts or one guest speaker, Sheri always maintains control of the event with poise and eloquence. She paces the event thoughtfully so that all speakers have their say, while artfully keeping everyone on topic. She is always able to extract from the speakers valuable information that’s relevant to our members—contributing to the success of the organization overall. We are lucky to have her!”
-Laura Berkowitz Gilbert, Principal at Boomerang Studio
- “As a board member of Spark Design Professionals, I have had the pleasure of working with Sheri on producing design business-related events for years together. Sheri has been especially critical to the success of the Spark organization as her role as an experienced moderator and guest speaker for the organization on a variety of design business topics. Sheri knows how to facilitate discussions, drive the conversation to different areas, and provide additional value with her own studio’s experiences. I would highly recommend Sheri for any speaking engagement on design or design business matters.”
-Larissa Montecuollo, Partner / Creative Director at Trillion
- “Evolve Symposium is a rare opportunity to learn and exchange best business practices, guided by two insightful individuals. Not only is it a great place to engage with like-minded design professionals but more so build professional relationships for future collaborations.”
-Julie Kremkus, Principal S T U D I O J A S
- “Looking back, I’m not sure I’ve ever had such a productive conference experience. Considering the price, that’s a huge win. I’ve spent the last couple of weeks talking about it, and I’m excited to see things shifting already. Just my success in using case studies in two new business meetings in the past week has been amazing.”
-Sean Wilkinson, Principal Might and Main
- “Sheri and Marc led an awesome branding workshop at V2V 2015. Looking forward to more!”
-The Shame Lady, SXSW V2V
- “Great Netwalking with you at SXSW V2V! You have my vote for beneficial content on branding.”
-Jessica, SXSW V2V
- “Sheri and her partner let a great workshop at SXSWV2V this year and I would love to attend another event led by her!”
-Kara, SXSW V2V
Get in touch with Sheri
Phone: (718) 545-0075
23-23 33rd Road,
Long Island City,
Learn more about Sheri and the projects she has worked on at MSLK.COM.